Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Battle Erupted

Well, Monday night was fun. My stay-at-home wife and I were cleaning the house in preparation for the housecleaner. This a whole other topic for a post. Anyway, as I am loading the dishwasher, she notices that I am not rinsing the dishes. Now, I usually rinse the dishes prior to putting them in the dishwasher, but the last time I was doing this she told me not to worry about, since we were going to run the dishwasher that day. In my state of being unaware, she freaks out and asks me why am I not rinsing the dishes. I explained that I was going to run the dishwasher and did not think they needed to be rinsed. She went off. We had an hour long argument about the freakin' dishes. Picture it: I have worked about 10 hours, have been up since 5:30am, it is now approximately 10:00pm, I am tired, I am trying to help my stay-at-home wife clean the damn house because I love her and all I am getting is static. Who needs this shit? Not me. I had a total break down like I had never had before. I told her I could not do it anymore; I would not do it anymore. As I am saying this, she still continues to argue with me. It is like I am not saying anything. I mean I have not been this emotional in the nearly twelve years of marriage.

Finally, at the end she did apologize and promised to be more patient. That is all I have ever asked for. I know I am far from perfect, but she still refuses to accept me for who I am. She asked if I want a divorce. Although the thought has crossed my mind, I do not believe I would be any happier from it, so I said no. Things are better, but the question must be asked: why did I have to have an emotional melt down to get that response? My only answer is she is stubborn and refuses to see my side of the issue.

The saga continues.

1 comment:

Lycan said...

The fact you didn't break half the dishes shows you are a better man than I.