Monday, February 21, 2005

Right On!

I invite everyone to read this article at Hog on Ice. It shows a good grasp of one of the major differences between men and women. Women are big on nuance, body language, tonality of voice, etc. in communication. Therefore, when the wife and I have a conversation, I have to be careful, because she has not figured that men, generally, mean what they say. Men can and do BS. No doubt. I can be a terrific BSer. In my communication, the words are what should be focused on...not the hidden meaning. There is no hidden meaning. When men talk with each other, we do not later ask ourselves what he meant by that, or what was the hidden meaning.

Also, do not ask a man what he is thinking. It will either be totally inane and useless, or you may not like hearing it. I remember the wife and I were watching some special on sex in marriage. She asked me what I wanted. I told her to give and receive more oral sex. Although I knew she has a hang-up about cunninglingus, I never expected the outburst I received. One would have thought I had asked for a threesome with a midget. I learned a valuable lesson: she really does not want to know. Asking what you are thinking about is a way to fill the void for lack of conversation.

Look, I am more than happy to accept that men and women are different. Why is this a hard concept? It does not mean one is superior than the other. It simply means we are two halves of the whole. Women need to quit judging men with the same values that women have.

No comments: