Saturday, July 09, 2005

Everyday Annoyances and Intimate Relations

It is ironic that, generally, men tend to put up with a lot more B.S., if they are having regular sex. The small annoyances (which we all have) are much easier to deal with. The ironic thing is women, generally, have to be put into the mood. This means the small annoyances that normally occur, may make them less want to have sex. So we have a situation where one person in the relationship needs that release, that intimacy, to relax and "go with the flow," yet the other needs to relax to become intimate.

For me personally, it stems from a lack of being able to be intimate, in a nonphysical sense. I have a very hard time expressing my inner most feelings and thoughts until after being physically intimate. The shields are down. Generally, men tend to have a hard time expressing themselves, especially when it comes to these feelings and emotions. Wife has stated that I am much easier to live with after having sex. I do not doubt it. I am much more relaxed. Of course, I try to tell to just have sex with me more :).

3 comments:

Digger Jones said...

Nice try...does it ever work?

D.

aphron said...

Rarely. She just smiles and says, Sure."

aphron said...

My favorite is waiting until nearly midnight (my day begins at 6am), and when I fall asleep, she says, "Why didn't you try anything last night." She did that this morning. I thought, "You were dead to the world, when I went to work." She really doesn't understand. C'est la vie.