Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Long Time No Post

Well, I've probably lost what little readership I had due to lack of posting. Oh well, I'll get over it.

The big new thing is my stoopid brother. It seems he wants to get a divorce. He tells me he has not been happy for a long time. He may have been unhappy with his wife during the engagement. Unfortunately, he was such a coward that he chose to get married and have a kid before deciding he really didn't want to be married. What an asshole. My parents are basically in denial. They don't want to push him for fear of alienating him. I sent two emails and had two phone conversations with him. He said he would consider counseling before taking that final step. He then sent me an email saying he would rather spend Thanksgiving with friends than have to see me. Well, excuuuuse me! I'll admit I wouldn't want other people telling what to do, but I'm not contemplating warping my kid and leaving the woman I took a vow to love and cherish. Of course, Wife has gone ape of this. She is totally against divorce for any reason. That's probably why she has stayed with me. Anyway, she has talked to Brother's wife and gotten all of the scoop. Brother came home, told his wife he didn't love her, and started packing. AND, during the conversations with him telling me he would consider counseling, he had previously talked to a lawyer. So much for thinking about it. The little shit had already decided way before telling anyone. Besides his son, he will suffer too. Since he has Type I diabetes, he runs a high risk of needing medical care. Which means mom, dad, or Big Brother.

Otherwise everything is all right. I got in trouble for telling a female colleague on the phone, in front of Wife, "smell you later" instead of "see you later" as I hung up the phone. Now, I am no innocent, but I never thought of that phrase in a sexual context. Naturally, Wife blew a gasket. I feel terrible. I apologized profusely and have vowed not to use that phrase again. Ironically, I heard from a guy friend of mine as he got off the phone with me, and I think I heard it on a kid's movie. I remember which one. Things are better now. In fact, with exception of that tiff, we are the best we've been in a long time.

I'll keep posting, but work schedule may not allow for regular posting for some time. Things really get busy for me until around Christmas. I still plan to read everyone else's Blogs.

2 comments:

Digger Jones said...

Don't be too harsh on your brother. Yeah, he may have screwed up, and maybe keeps screwing up. If nothing else, it creates a dialogue you and your wife can use to discuss issues. I think you're giving him good advice, whether he takes it or not.

D.

'nilla said...

i never knew the smell you later thing was derogatory. but uh don't go by me, I just found out that the word Jew is derogatory, despite being used to um describe Jesus in the BIBLE. Apparently you must say JewISH now. who knew?