Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Happy 100th Post!

100 posts! Ya'll like the look? It seems a little happier, brighter. Definitely easier to read. Wow, 100 posts about the ups and downs of my marriage. I even have people that read about it. That is truly amazing.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Survived the weekend with Sybil. We went camping in Big South Fork. I love going there. Even during a busy Memorial day weekend.

First the good stuff. I bought a cast iron skillet and a cast iron dutch oven just for this trip. Cooking bacon, sausage and eggs on the skillet was easy. I didn't have to worry about tearing up the surface. For the first time I was able to make biscuits for breakfast thanks to the dutch oven. Had a lot of fun trail bike riding to some gorgeous overlooks. Made peach cobbler for desert Sunday night (in the dutch oven, of course) and the kids made S'mores. Although it was hot, we had a great time.

Now the bad stuff (some of which is embarrassing). Friday I took the afternoon off, since the kids were out that afternoon from school. I came home, and Sybil was all over me, physically. She was "ready to go." I'm thinking, "All right!" We move to the bedroom and do our thing. It involved oral (giving and receiving, which I love to give and receive) and was truly mind blowing. Later that day I let slip that I had gone to the bathroom several hours before our activities. Number 2. Now, I try to be as hygienic as anyone else. In the heat of the moment, I forgot to tell Sybil. Anyway, she is pissed that I let her do that knowing what I had done earlier. I apologized profusely and explained that I was too consumed to remember. Not good enough. Apparently I'm not only selfish but my parents weren't married. Fast forward to yesterday. This cast a pall over the whole weekend. Everything that happened was colored by it. We had a blow-up while trying to pack up and motivate our kids to help. Everything goes back to Friday afternoon. So I'm now back in the wilderness.

Sybil uses all of this bring up an interesting point that I try to push her away. Maybe. More on that as I grapple with that. She may have a point there. I do tend to be guarded. I am not one to let anyone come too close.

Anyway, that's it. I hope ya'll had a great weekend.

18 comments:

Facets of V said...

wooohooo tossed salad anybody???

Anonymous said...

Long time reader, first time commenter...

Of COURSE you don't let anyone get too close...look what happens when you do! You get attacked. Nothing you do is ever good enough. No one can take THAT much rejection.

As for the sex escapade, sex is SUPPOSED to be sloppy. She didn't notice when she was doing it, did she? So it couldn't have been too bad. Those parts of the body aren't always the cleanest unless you are freshly showered. But who cares? Its not like you have cooties or something. She is MARRIED to you, for God's sake. You had children with her.

I went through similar situations with my soon to be ex. You can only hit your head against the wall so many times before you learn your lesson and stop doing it. Hopefully, you two will come to some sort of understanding before it gets too far.

aphron said...

facets of v-
That brought a smile to face. After years of discussion with Sybil, I doubt she'd go for tossed salad.

pleather-
The problem is that I kind of see it that way too. Sybil tends to over-think things and has an active imagination. Bad combo.

Thanks for the comments.

Anonymous said...

Good grief... I totally agree with pleather. How can you let your guard down with someone, knowing that at any point, you may do (or not do) something that will set them off?

That is so sad that she let something that stupid get blown out to volcanic porportions. It's just not necessary... and besides, she clearly didn't notice when she was in the heat of the moment, now did she?

SG/ formally MZ

aphron said...

Anon-
Sybil definitely keeps me on my toes. She'll get over it. Or not. I can't change what's been done.

aphron said...

Tajalude-
Good to here...er...read from you! Well, I kind of think so. Sybil feels that I'm not taking her concerns seriously and therefore revealing my lack of respect for her. She can be a little insecure.

Lori said...

Congrats on 100 posts!!!

Sybil has to keep up her reputation...LOL

Have a great day!!!

aphron said...

Lori-
Apparently.

Anteros said...

Congratulations on the 100th post, looks like you have a bit of a site design change too. Looks good!

I guess I'm amazed that your brain hasn't yet fried from all of the whiplash of ups and downs Aphron. And I was thinking that I had some serious marriage issues but as I look back they were never "that" strange.

I honestly wish there was something I could say to make things magically better for you because that's got to be awefully confusing to handle. I guess all that can be said is try and keep your head glued down and hang in there. That and maybe you just shouldn't offer up your restroom habits, it's probably best she not know at all.

aphron said...

anteros-
I'm in a "Catch 22." Sybil wants me to be more open with her and communicate. However, there has been many times it has brought me nothing but grief.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 100!

I kinda agree with anteros but I know how hard it is to be open and communicate. The more I open up and show the real me, the more my husband seems to be mad at me for just being me. It seems easier to pretend to be what he wants and keep my mouth shut.

aphron said...

PM-
Tell me about it. She has a BS in biology. You'd think she would know about that.

On a side note, she didn't have a clue what distillation was. I had to explain what distilled water is. This to a person, who had quite a bit of chemistry in college. Of course, she was from Lousiana (ph).

April said...

100th post...woohooo...:)

Why wouldn't you push her away when she acts so childish about some things?

Not trying to be harsh...but sheesh. Being pissed about that is just silly. We're human, we all have bodily functions and yes, if she didn't notice then it shouldn't bother her!

aphron said...

All,

It would seem that Sybil is being a little... well anal. That's Sybil. Although that comes in handy, anal retentiveness has a bad side.

Confused Husband said...

Congrats on the 100th post!

As for the hygene, like everyone else seems to agree on what does she expect? Did she shower before you came home and performed on her?
CH

aphron said...

CH-
Nope

RobynB said...

Hi!
Big South Fork is right in my neck of the woods. Not too far from me at all. Small world, eh?

I can't even comment on the sex issue...that's crazy.

Anonymous said...

YOU HAVE GOT to be kidding me. As a woman, any guy that would do that to me ( I love it, but I can't imagine having to do it to another woman! Doing it to a guy involves only external body parts, you know? ) has a "get out of jail free" card for any hygenic issues. I mean come on, does she ever eliminate any waste?