Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Five Go Out; Four Come Back

Well, we plan on going to the beach this year for Thanksgiving. Not only are we going to the beach, but also we are camping...in a tent.

I wish I could tell you that I am REALLY looking forward to it, but I cannot. I'm not looking forward to the 6-7 hour drive to get there. I'm not looking forward to setting up our campsite in the dark (Sybil wants the kids to go to their half day of school). I'm not looking forward to spending the weekend with Sybil.

Don't get me wrong; I love to camp. I love the primitive nature of shedding the stress of the office and slowing down. When we went to this particular place a couple of years ago, it was a lot of fun. The weather was great. The bright spot is we always go with our friends of ~15 years. They can act as our referee.

Hours in a car; sleeping in a tent; what could go wrong?

Keep me in your prayers.

Later,

Aphron

No comments: