Friday, November 20, 2009

We Don't Live in North Carolina:

From This Website:

Grocery Store | Greensboro, NC, USA

(I am waiting to bag a couple’s groceries. The man walks to the end of the register and looks me straight in the eyes.)

Customer: *out of earshot of wife* “Let me tell you something.”

Me: “Okay.”

Customer: “If you ever think you love a woman and want to marry her, run away.”

Me: *chuckling* “Alright, I’ll keep that in mind. So, are plastic bags okay?”

Customer: “Yeah, that’s fine.”

(As I put items into a plastic bag, the man’s wife joins him.)

Customer’s Wife: “Oh, can we actually have paper bags?”

Customer: “I can’t even make this decision?”

The process of "de-balling" is slow and inexorable.


Later,

Aphron

2 comments:

Phyllis Renée said...

When RL and I grocery shop together he has to unload the cart at the register a "certain way" so that the groceries are bagged "correctly."

We rarely shop together... :)

aphron said...

Eh. It always seems one partner has an almost OCD way doing everything, while the other doesn't. They end up driving each other over the edge.