Wednesday, May 03, 2006

We're on the Road to Nowhere

Another "discussion" lasting into the wee hours of the morning. What the hell? Sybil doesn't have to get up and do anything before noon. Basically, the same argument warmed up and served on a platter of resentment.

I won't go the gory details. Except to say that Sybil and I didn't start our "conversation" until about 11:30pm. She had just gotten home from bonko. We were talking about Son#1's baseball game (which she missed). During the course of my conversation, I was realizing the need to teach Son#1 some things about baseball, since his coaches, apparently, weren't. Sybil start with statements like "you should have been doing that all along," and "you should have not relied on the coaches to teach him," and my favorite: "you know that just because he goes to school doesn't mean that you don't need to teach him anything." Sensing another lecture coming on and knowing the time of the night and the fact I have to get up early, I said "yeah, yeah, yeah." Sybil becomes pissed. My rudeness in cutting her off in mid-point sends her over the edge. My rudeness in assuming that she is lecturing me, when she is really just enforcing my points. My rudeness in not listening to her.

I admit it. I was rude. I was tired, and I didn't want to hear it. I cut her off. I apologized for cutting her off. I explained that I was sensing another lecture on my failings. I told her that I was tired and under normal circumstances I would not have made that comment and would have been more patient. Excuses, excuses. Sybil believes my fatigue is just another excuse to absolve me of any responsibility. No. Not true. Like anyone averaging less than six hours of sleep a night, I am a little less patient. Excuses, excuses.

Naturally, the "whatever" (see last post) comment from two nights prior was thrown into the mix and given a good stir. This proves a pattern of my rudeness.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

5 comments:

Lori said...

Now that's funny Passionate Man!!!

I beleive you're right....On the road to nowhere!!!

Cheers to better days!!!

aphron said...

I've known bonko was evil for over a year now. Basically, it is a meeting of pampered SAHMs, who sit around, drink, gossip, and, oh yeah, gamble.

As to enslavement of men, we've been enslaved for about 2 generations now. My kids' ex-pediatrician (long story) recently got married. Gone are the cowboy boots, the Wranglers, the style normal to anyone from Oklahoma. Typical.

aphron said...

daddy's lil girl:
Yep, walking on eggshells ain't much fun.

comment deleted:
WHY?!?

Unknown said...

You know, I am starting to think I no longer need to blog. My thoughts, conversations, problems and arguements are all right here. Although the topics varied slightly, the players, the time involved, the rudeness, lectures, "excuses", etc. All there. Word for word.

(Although I am always sorry to hear people going through the same thing as I am, as I would not wish it on my worst enenmy... well maybe my worst enemy, but certainly nobody else.)

aphron said...

the hopeless flirt:

Are you the "bad guy" or the "good guy"? I'm type cast as the bad guy in every argument.
I'm sorry to hear about anyone going through what I am.