Saturday, May 20, 2006

Don't Try to Adjust Your Set. We Control the Horizontal and the Vertial.

Ahhh, Saturday morning. At work. Missing Son#2's baseball game. This sucks. At least the sun is out and drying off the world from the interesting thunderstorms we had.

Things are looking up for Sybil and me. This whole month we haven't had any major arguements. Her period started yesterday, yet she has not lived up to her name. Oh sure, we had some minor things, but none like we've had in the past. Overall, this has been a decent month.

So now I'm living in fear. When is that shoe gonna drop? When will Sybil's face peal back and reveal the monster lurking under the surface? Is this what happens to people in abusive relationships? I would not have thought of myself to be in that class, but these thoughts have been in the back of my mind. I find myself sitting here wondering WTF?

What is going on? She hasn't changed her BCPs. I think it might have to do with the fact that we haven't seen much of each other this month. Too busy. My little, cute (to me) mannerisms that irritate the crap out of her...aren't. What's the deal? We've even been having fairly regular, decent sex. Is this the invasion of the pod people? Who took my wife? What's that up ahead? A sign post.

I should just enjoy the ride. Like everything else in life, it won't last.

10 comments:

Digger Jones said...

Oh, C'mon now!

I do know about waiting for the other shoe, as there has been a few times when I declred the battle won only to find myself back in the desert.

Maybe getting work that takes you out of town wouldn't be such a bad thing.

D.

Lori said...

You know it's Murphy's Law....tonight you will see Sybil!!!....I hope not thou!!!

Have a great day!!!

aphron said...

Only mild touch of Sybil this weekend. Overall, things weren't too bad. Again, we didn't see too much of each other due to kids' schedules.

mogcat said...

G'day. How are you going Mr Doormat.

Leave her.

You will both be happier.

The kids will understand when they see that you are both happier apart.

All the best.
Goodluck with the next explosion. Let's hope she doesn't ......well, force you into ending it altogether.

Cheers.
Cat.

aphron said...

Cat-

Leaving her has, naturally, crossed my mind. I think it take more than having vast mood swings before I'd do that. Although I have had spells of borderline infatuation of other women throughout my marriage, I am committed to Sybil. I have invested too much time, effort, money, etc. into this marriage to quit. Sybil would probably have to commit adultery or something that horrible to to end it. Not that that isn't in the relm of possibility. Knowing her the way I do, I foresee that occuring.

Thanks for the comment.

aphron said...

I meant to say do not foresee that occurring. I should really proof read my comments.

Unknown said...

Wow, you are on the roller coaster ride I used to be on in the emotion department. Looking for each change to be the start of a long tract, when in fact you are bouncing up and down.

Seriously, just about 2 weeks ago, (may 6th), you state how you and Sybil are "going down hill fast" and yet now you say things have been "so good" for "almost a month" when in actuality it has been merely 2 weeks (ok 2 weeks plus a day or two).

Try not to let the good get you too "up" and the bad get you too "down" and you may find her a bit easier to deal with on an ongoing basis, because sooner or later one of those "annoyances" are going to come back at you. And even if it isn't a "big one" she will inevitably bring up several that weren't worth mentioning to her at a single time, worth bring up in a "laundry list" of things that are "wrong with you."

Trust me. Been there. Done That. Got the T-shirt and Photo from the ride.

Anteros said...

I've found myself saying the exact same thing the last few months "I should just enjoy the ride..."

It's easy to say it, it's difficult to really calm the emotions and the logic and do it.

aphron said...

Hopeless flirt

Exactly. You have stated the issue better than I. Sybil has been storing little annoyances to use them against me at the right moment to give me that one-two punch. I've been through this before.

Anteros

Yes, it is easy to say, "I'll enjoy the ride." It's very hard to actually live it. I think that is part of life, or that is life with Sybil.

Thanks for the comments and thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Aphron, I've read your archives and man I don't know how you do it. If the situation was reversed people would call it emotional abuse, but I guess because it comes from your wife it's acceptable. Best of luck to you.