Monday, October 09, 2006

The Rise and Fall of America

In these last few posts I have sounded rather depressed. I always get this way, whenever an election is looming. Although I didn't start this blog to espouse my political point of view, I am depressed. It has nothing to do with Sybil. We are doing very well, thank you for caring. She has loosened up with regards to sex, and I learned to let her rantings not get me riled up.

First of all a disclaimer: I did not vote for a major party candidate during the last election. I have come to view the two parties as an amalgamation of one ruling party. Neither the Republicats nor the Democans are worth a plug nickel. I do not blame them. It is our fault for allowing them to seize power. How did this happen? Well, this might shed some light. We, as a whole, have managed to raise a society of people that have been coddled from birth until the grave. We are ENTITLED to a job, health care, retirement, etc. It is only getting worse. This 15 year old girl has been glorified for the excess laid upon her by her mother. Parents are no longer parenting. Heaven forbid we damage our child's self-esteem. We MUST pave the road ahead for little Johnny. Oh my gosh! What if he skins his knee?

Personally, I'm a little sick of it. I am saddened by what I am seeing. Our duty as parents is to prepare our children for the rough road of life. Life is hard. Unfortunately, The Cult of Low Expectations has taken over, and the barbarians are at the gate.

I'll get off of my soap box now.

4 comments:

FTN said...

I've seen that Sweet 16 show on MTV. It's quite frightening. And it's not just rich people that do that. Lots of parents seem to have a similar mentality.

aphron said...

mr husbland-
No one would want a guy that Atlas Shrugged is a well-worn book in his library.

ftn-
Although I am of the "MTV Generation," it used to be about watching music videos. Either I've gotten older and more discerning, or it has degenerated into something else than MUSIC TELEVISION.

Confused Husband said...

You sound an awful ,ot like my favorite radio show morning talk show host. He calls it "The Pussification of America". I think you'd agree with quite a few of his views. If I could post a link in comments I would. But alas I don't know how. :(

The Atlas Shrugged is his favorite book too.
CH

Anonymous said...

What's even sadder than that is the fact that this story somehow warrants a 2,000+ word news piece.