Wednesday, December 03, 2008

New Directions


I've been remiss in posting these last few months. I'd like to say that the drama betwixt Sybil and myself has abated. I can say it. It wouldn't be true. But, I can say it. To our credit, it has decreased. The tone and vitriol has decrease, somewhat. That's not the reason for my absence. Nope. I'll give some lame excuses: kids keeping me too busy (very true 3 kids with all of the activities); work has snowballed (things have slowed down quite a bit as far as income, so I've got find new ways of generating income); etc.

All true. The real reason is that I'm needing to find a way to be more positive. I'm not this negative person that seems to come across in my writings. At least I don't think I am. All this blog seems to portray is my struggle with maintaining my marital bliss.

I doubt that I will totally stop posting about all of the drama. I mean everyone looks at a car wreck. I am going to try and post on more general topics and more philosophical topics regarding relationships. I'm not sure where that will take me. I will say that my thoughts and feelings on that subject have changed quite a bit over the years.

This blog has served its purpose of giving me an outlet to "vent my spleen." It is time to putting words into action.

I hope everyone has a truly Merry Christmas and a truly Happy New Year. I'm not sure, if I'll be able to post again until '09.

- Aphron

3 comments:

So Gone Over You said...

I find that I have less to write about on my blog because I'm happy with the state of things right now... the blog seems to only want to focus on the negative aspects of things...

Have a great holiday and a happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Putting words into action - a very good resolution.

selkie said...

its always a good thing to explore new venues....because despite sometimes anticipating where you are going, new paths bring new things ... and venting - no matter what anyone thinks - is sometimes not just a good thing but a necessary one.