Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Tagged

LBP has tagged me. He is interested to know who I've played or would want to play in some sort of drama. Since this helps to take my mind of the drama in my life, I'll play along.

In high school I was a thesbian. That's TH not L, although I enjoy having sex with women. I guess in that way I do have lesbian tendencies. But I digress.

I was involved in drama, and I was on the speech team in high school. I was pretty decent. My best friend and I did a duet acting piece and came in 6th in the state. It was pretty funny piece from a serious play dealing with Viet Nam veterans in a VA hospital. I played a dumb hick. I'm a character actor. I was also involved in the high school musicals. Since I can't sing, I was relegated to playing bit parts. The drama teacher promised my friend and me a play just for those that can act but cannot sing. Alas, it was never meant to be.

I'm not sure what character I'd like to play. Some of the characters I've enjoyed watching were: Josey Wales, Porter (Mel Gibson's Payback), etc. These characters share some common traits: a prickly nature, goal oriented, moral flexibility. Although I tend to be goal oriented, most people around me find me to be a lot of fun. I like cracking jokes and making those around me feel at ease with me. Go figure.

6 comments:

FTN said...

Porter in Payback. Now *there's* a great role.

"You got a light? No? Then what good are you. BAM!

You wouldn't actually have to get beat up and have your toes pounded, would you?

aphron said...

Metaphorically speaking.

Those characters are ones that I really enjoy watching. Maybe I'm keeping those demons under wraps.

Anonymous said...

Ahh, the good-but-misunderstood bad-boy .... or is that rather, the honest outlaw? Hmmm, either way they seem like good clean fun. Well, you know what I mean, right?

Trueself said...

Actually, it's thespian, with a p, not thesbian. But then who's counting, right?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing along...I thought RS might pass by and get you on the thesbian malapropism...TrueSelf must have beat him to it...

aphron said...

xi summit-
Let's say I'm definitely misunderstood.
trueself-
Tanks for the corection. Im usually a beter speler then that.

lbp-
No problemo.