Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Quick update

Yep...I'm still alive and well. Things are coasting along. I am writing for myself, as always. My readership has dwindled to nothing. That's ok, because this blog was in the real sense a web log. I am logging my relationship with Sybil. My lack of posting has nothing to do with some big time breakthrough in our marriage. Nope. I just got tired of writing the same stuff. I'm coming to the end of the road.

But...I've got a little time, and I wanted to blog what happened earlier today. I'm always amazed at the ability people have to rationalize stuff. We all do it. All of us. We never seem to realize that we are doing it, either. Just today Sybil did it. She was talking about this woman we know. She has 4 kids from 2 different fathers, debt up to her ears, can't pay her rent, car has died, and divorced (again). However, she managed to find a guy to not only give her a car free and clear, but also pay her rent for the year. I made the remark of a sexual quid pro quo (involving her performing oral sex on him). Her only remark: "If you had played your cards right, you would be getting a bj too." Nice. Sex as a weapon. Nothing like trying to manipulate someone into doing your bidding. I don't think she saw how she sunk herself to that woman's level. The only difference is that Sybil chooses to use negative reinforcement, instead of positive reinforcement. The other woman is getting a free car and her rent paid. Sybil is getting my ire and resentment. Who is smarter? One catches more flies with honey than with vinegar.

It's that kind of thing that has worn me down. Eighteen years of it. Nothing like being made to feel like a puppet on the end of the string. Naturally, if all I do is what she wants, she isn't happy with that either. Doing so means that I am not thinking for myself.

5 comments:

Sailor said...

Glad to hear you're alive and well, even if no progress/improvement in the marriage.

Played your cards right? Ugggh... that seems so wrong on so many levels, sorry.

aphron said...

Yup. It's so easy to see the faults in someone else and not in ourselves. I'm just as guilty as the next person. It's sad that Sybil seems to be so blind to hers.

Fat Bastard said...

Pay the piper and you're in, huh?

Heard that before.

'Payment' never got me nothing ....

It's come to where I realized a life of servitude is no life at all. Here's to no expectations!

Anonymous said...

I wish I had some words of wisdom or even of comfort but it really appears as though you are in the proverbial 'no win scenario'.

Lori said...

Woow a free car and a year of free rent...she must be doing something right lol