Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Hateful

Hateful \ˈhāt-fəl\: 1. Full of hate. 2. of or deserving hate

Which definition is apropos?  Is Sybil "full of hate", or am I "of or deserving hate"?

The simplest conversation seems to take the turn for the surreal as Sybil expresses her "disappointment" by projecting herself to be hateful.  Today's episode is my trying to engage her in a conversation about what to do for the office Christmas.  Do we need to go to a certain store after work today and purchase items?  The conversation went sideways as I did not readily remember the other parts of what her plan was: gift cards in addition to purchased items.  Sybil could barely keep her contempt in.  The way she expressed herself to me made her feelings very palpable.  Since I only got half of the plan correct by not remembering the gift cards, is Sybil "full of hate" or am I "of or deserving hate"?  That is the question: where is someone no longer allowed to be patient and understanding?  I'd like a ruling.

By the way, we did not decide on going to the store today.  At the end, Sybil acted hateful; and I disengaged.  Like so many of our conversations, nothing got accomplished.  Well...that's not true.  We're pissed at each other.

The drama continues...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Simple misunderstanding is not deserving of hate.

But then, you already knew that, right?