Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Time for an Update

It's quiet...too quiet.  Sybil has pulled her anger back, started acting loving, and seems normal.  I'm left with my defenses on full alert.  After 23 years, I'm finally learning that this is the quiet before the storm.  Yeah, I'm that slow of a learner.

I'm really, really questioning her sanity.  What I used to chalk up to hormonal fluctuations, I know am wondering whether she is truly bipolar.  That is something I will be exploring in the coming days.  I'm starting to feel that she has highs and lows.

Something else I've noticed: "love bombing".  After periods of intense conflict, Sybil acts very loving, very sexual.  It seems that she kind of notices that she has gone too far and is trying to reel me back in.  What she does not see (and I've not discussed) is that each time she goes ballistic over an inconsequential thing, I put the shields up.  I trust her less and less.  I feel less and less connected.  I feel anxiety not knowing when the shoe will drop.

Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like class A manipulation- push to the edge, then entice back to the center ...

aphron said...

I think there is a manipulation aspect to things. I hope it's not conscious. That would make her evil. Yes, I have started wondering about the manipulation aspect of things. How much is that a "normal" human behavior? How much is not?