Friday, February 18, 2005

What the Hell?

Well, another row with the wife yesterday. She was pissed because she says I do not listen to her. I am guilty of this sometimes occurring, but not on the frequency (always) she insists. I apologized and told her I meant no harm. What set her off? I helped her fold clothes the night before. I was folding them wrong, and she was tired of telling me. Since I did not comeback with anything, she assumed I was not listening. My bad. I knew I should have said something, but I was so damned tired I could not. I did hear and listen to her, because I started folding the freakin' clothes the way she wanted. I thought everything was ok. Boy, was I wrong. I walked in the door yesterday morning, and she let me have it. I apologized. She stayed pissed at me the rest of the morning with a wonderful climax right before lunch complete with her yelling at me, pointing her finger and storming off. All I said was I was surprised to be yelled at this morning. She then proceeded to show me what being yelled at is like.

I had told her that I apologized wholeheartedly. This was not good enough, because she felt that I was just saying that to try to get out trouble. Well, no shit! Of course, that is one of the reasons I apologized. However, that was not the reason I apologized. I disagreed and explained that I knew what I had done, and that is why I apologized. Unlike her, I can apologize. On the other hand, we have a half hour fight to get her to apologize. She says that was different. Huh? When I do something wrong, I try to apologize and make up. When she does something wrong, she attacks me and tells me I am being ridiculous.

Ain't marriage grand?

No comments: