Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Aniversary After-Action Report

Well, the big 15 came and went. I know everyone wants all of the play-by-play of the night's festivities. Let me tell you, it was a night I'll never forget. We were up until the wee hours of the morning. I'm totally exhausted as I write this post.

We got started a bit late. We dropped the kids off at home and set out for a local sushi restaurant. Just the two of us. That by itself is a real treat. We sat there just enjoying ourselves. Of course, a large part of the time Sybil was on her cell phone trying to coordinate Daughter and one of her friends trip to camp today. I knew this night would be something special. After the restaurant, we went back to my office and did paperwork until 12:30 am. That's it. That's the anniversary. Granted this was stuff that had to be done, but it could have been done yesterday. However, Sybil was out of the office pretty much the whole day running the kids to their over-scheduled activities. Anyway, by the time we got home I was so tired I went to bed.

On related note, I've discovered why my libido is low.

7 comments:

Phyllis Renée said...

What, no late night at the office nookie?

Dang it!!

There is hope . . . one day the kids will be on their own and, believe me, it does get better.

Anonymous said...

Well, that was sort of anti-climatic. In more ways than one. :-/

aphron said...

phyllis renee-
After spending all day at the office and then coming back to spend all night, I wasn't in the mood for nookie.

farmwife-
Yep.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your was not too far off from ours.

FTN said...

Well that just sucks.

Did that office work really HAVE to get done? I mean, was it life-or-death stuff?

It would take something awfully serious to get me in the office at midnight on my anniversary.

Phyllis Renée said...

I just read your anniversary post from a year ago. Wow, you are as romantic as RL. His proposal to me (after we found out I was 7 weeks pregnant) was offered when he came to me with a calendar in his hand and asked, "When do ya wanna do this?"

Well, anyway, maybe you two can plan another evening to celebrate.

Bunny said...

We spent our anniversary this year 1100 miles apart. We did go out a couple weekends before when we were together, but it wasn't too great. The food and service were bad at dinner and I was not a good companion. I had a 102 degree fever and actually fell asleep while we cuddled in the backseat of the mommyvan after dinner. We split something at the local Ben & Jerry's and then picked up the kids.

There also was no nookie. In fact, it's now been 13 months.

I'm sorry your anniversary wasn't romantic and wonderful. You've said that despite everything, you still love her. That means you have the base to build it back, if you both want to do so. I hope you do eventually.