Friday, June 17, 2005

Open Mouth Insert Foot

Last night was my one chance to make love to my wife for the next three weeks, and it did not happen.

So we finally get to bed at midnight after a full day of "fun." We got home from Son#1's baseball game (which he lost...thank goodness we're done) at 11:00. However, we had to clean the house because the house cleaner was coming (the subject of a future post), so we did not get to bed until midnight. We're laying there and Wife asks,"Do you want to have sex?" Just like that. That is the way she always phrases it. No warm-up or anything. Me being male and undersexed say, "Sure." Now, I know she has set herself up for failure. There is no way on God's Green Earth she is going to be able to stay awake that long. Anyway, she fondles me for about a minute and then has a sleep jerk (involuntary muscle spasm right about the time one is out totally). This irritates me no end.

Yes, I should have been more active, but I'm tired too. We had spent a whole day at a large, famous waterpark in town. She billed it as a family day. She did not mention that we would be bringing three other kids. This brought the grand total of people to eight. She knows I hate hassling with crowds, but I want to make her happy, so I try to put on a happy face and oblige. I did have a pretty good time. Aftwerwards, we went to our kids' swimmeet. I packed food for a picnic supper. We brought the other three kids with us. Now, I thought they would be going home soon, so I brought enough for the just the five of us. Although the extra kids did go home soon, she fed them anyway. Naturally, we ran out of food. She and I did not have supper. Son #1 left the swimmeet early for a baseball game (luckily, at the same park). We got home late.

So we are lying there tired and she asks me if want sex. She falls asleep while playing with me. In my frustration (a lot sexual), I say, "I guess you don't find me attractive." She says, "Sorry" in a tone bespeaking anything but. We go to sleep.

The main reason for my frustration is not just the lack of sex, but also this is not the first, second or third time this has happened. Before I started working out, she did this on a regular basis. It became, sort of, a joke. Now, she goes to bed and is totally out by the time I am finished (~11:30 pm). I know this is late. I don't come to bed expecting anything. But, I have curtailed working out to every other night. Hasn't helped. So, our sex department needs help (to me anyway). When I bring this up, she brushes it off as no big deal. Which is what usually happens, when I bring anything up.

This morning, as I am about to leave for work, she starts with how mean I was to say that. She still feels attracted, etc to me. I realize my comment was stupid. I apologized. However, I said but that was how I felt. I was frustrated, but I know it was mean and petty. She blamed me for her falling asleep. WTF? She asked me for it, and she falls asleep.

No comments: