Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Misc.

Hopefully, everyone survived the New Year. We barely did. We had some good friends over and had a good time...up to a point. Due to the stress this last year, the other husband and I decided we owed ourselves a good time. He brought stuff to make martinis. His wife, he and I got roaring drunk and passed out. Pretty sad, huh? One would think we were college freshmen. Wife had to take care of us. Not easy with us outweighing her by at least 60 pounds. This made for not a good New Year's Day on many levels. Very embarrassing. I will NEVER do that again.

The day after New Year's Day was terrible. Wife decided I did not love her, since I can't seem to remember anything. She points to this being a real problem with me not paying attention to her. I seem to be able to remember things I enjoy better than things she thinks are important. Possibly. I explained that I cannot remember anything "cold." I have to have something "jog" my memory. With my life, I have so many balls in the air at any given time; it is a wonder I remember to put on underwear. She did not buy it. We were up to 2:00am fighting about it. I REALLY hate when she chooses to do that. SHE doesn't get up early, take the kids to school, and go to work. Her day begins around lunch time. Anyway, we came to an accord. Patched things up and are moving on.

Sex was pretty good after the argument for a few days. Things seemed to be truckin' along. Unfortunately, my desire level has really dipped. I'm not sure why. I have a tremendous amount of stress at my office. Personal stress has barely diminished. Living with a type A, control issue, tenacious person can be taxing. Also, tax time is around the corner. This always adds to the tension.

I'm becoming more and more anti-social. When not at my office, I don't really want to talk to anyone. At times this includes Wife. Since I have to deal with the public in all its glory, dealing with the nagging from Wife gets to me after a while. I'm not like her; I won't stress out over everything. She does not understand. I feel myself withdrawing from her, the kids, even this blog. I try not to, but the daily grind seems to wear me down. In the Lord of the Rings by Tolkien, Bilbo states he feels like too little jam spread over too much bread. I know exactly how he feels. So what am I to do? Hang in there. It's like gas; it'll pass. Life is like a sine wave. There are highs and lows.

I think that's everything. I may have said more than I should have, but I feel a little better for saying it. Winter is so depressing.

3 comments:

Shades of Woe said...

Regular reader here...
I can totally understand about the need for alone time. What you're feeling is probably from all that stress you mentioned. What if you take some time every week to do something alone - read? a hobby? You'll feel better.

aphron said...

That is a point of contention between Wife and me. Although she has improved in the years of marriage, she still tends to be possesive. To be fair, our kids are heavily involved in activities and many times there is no time on weekends. Much of all of this will improve as the kids get out of basketball.

'nilla said...

Glad to see you back to blogging! I've missed you!

'nilla