Thursday, March 26, 2020

Nice Little Graphic of Sybil's Pet Name for Me


I'll just leave this right here.  As soon as last night, I was called "A$#hole".  In this case, I will own that I did do something wrong.  In a moment of weakness, I was not honest with Sybil.  In my weakness I did not confront her with a demeaning comment she said to me in front of others.  I'll take 50% of the blame.  In my mind there is no point in confronting her with stuff because even on the very, very rare occasion I get her to somehow apologize, the apology is hollow.

This is my conundrum: I do not feel that I can (safely?) confront Sybil with things that she does.  I have to wade through a river of crap with a rare reward.  This leaves me with the choice of having a closed relationship with my wife or constantly fighting battles.

There is a third option...Sybil keeps talking divorce.  Now, my mind is made up.  I will not be the one to divorce.  Maybe that is stubborn pride, but she will have to be the one to make that decision.

1 comment:

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

I have been married for over 3 years.
Every day is not a good.
But I will bite my tongue just to make sure I don't utter bad words towards the hubby in the presence of others. Now, in private is another thing.
I get pissed. I do mad. But I don't do name calling.
I can do it to strangers. But not to someone whom I will share a room everyday anyway.

P.S. I think I will be flooding your blog today. Ha!