Saturday, August 27, 2005

Something to chew on

In this post by doctor digger, he goes over what many men grapple with. Essentially, men have a hard time expressing how they feel. From an early age, men are taught to "suck it up." Emotional men are looked down upon by everyone. Since men cannot verbalize their needs, they rarely get met. Women do a very good job of verbalizing their needs, so their needs tend to take center stage.

What is the answer? I don't know. After twelve years of marriage, we have far from a perfect marriage. Actually, there are times I feel we are sliding backwards. I do know I love Wife, and I know she loves me. For now that has to be enough.

2 comments:

'nilla said...

Are you as honest with her as you are with us about your needs?

I still say, you need to be more "demanding" and less "accomadating". Maybe it is just my D/s nature coming out. But frankly I want to smack her and make her see she has a man that loves her that she needs to invest some serious emotional time it accomadating, and loving...

but that's just me.

Digger Jones said...

SSSHHH!

I figured with a small readership, maybe that screed I wrote might go down quietly. Thanks for fanning the flame, buddy!LOL!

If nothing else, your heart is in the right place. Yes, sometimes good enough has to be good enough.

D.