Monday, October 24, 2005

Another Weekend from Hell

Another big fight with Wife this weekend. Although I have accepted blame, responsibility, and apologized profusely, that is not enough. Wife employs her "scorched earth" brand of arguing. Although she may win the argument by using this policy, she may lose in the end. When she does something and apologizes, that is the end of it (in her mind), yet I am not given the same courtesy. Last night at ~midnight, I finally gave up trying to convince her of my sincerity and went to sleep. After being up for seventeen hours with a good portion spent arguing, I was too damned tired to fight. I'm tired of it. After giving many pounds of flesh, I'm not sure I have anything left to give.

5 comments:

Alma Perdida said...

I feel for you, it seems that is what woman do, i like your scorched earth theory and must totally agree with the fact that when the tables are turned we as men are more than willing to end it but they are not. Sometimes we have to make a decision between what is right and what is easy.

Anonymous said...

As I've said before, I'm too laid back. I understand people have failings. She sees that as anexcuse.

aphron said...

That last comment is mine, sorry.

So Gone Over You said...

Having only been able to read a few of your posts so far, it seems to me your wife has control issues (to say the least.) You tell her what she wants to hear, yet she doesn't give up because that would mean giving in. Just a thought.

aphron said...

I've told her about her control issues. Lemme give you a case in point: when we get of the car, I push the key fob, the horn beeps. She has to "make sure" by pushing the button on her fob. Nothing a little Wellbutrin can't fix.