Friday, March 31, 2006

Breakthrough

Well, Wednesday afternoon we finally kissed and made up. I opened up my inner problems of feeling stressed all of the time. The stress was/is making me have anger issues. Little things that Sybil does would irritate the crap out of me until I would make a snarky comment. Sybil was/is worried that I am shutting her out. Truth be told, I kind of was. Ironically, it is far easier to open up on a public forum than to the woman I love. Kind of sad in a way. She is also worried that I won't put her first or communicate with her about things. These things aren't even part of our emotional life but even mundane things (to me). Again, there is a lot truth to that. I have a definite problem with communication. Sybil says I treat her on a "need to know basis." I would say that I simply forget to tell her. However, perception is reality. I have things to work on.

Sybil has started to understand that she, also, has some responsibility for how things are. I have made it plain to her that she cannot talk down to me. Period. She seemed to have no clue that she did this. Again, my not communicating my frustrations and irritations to her doesn't help.

Despite our progress, I cannot help but wonder how much is hormonal. I doubt me bringing up this concern will be helpful. Sybil will say I'm shirking responsibility for my behavior. It is ironic that the calmness we are enjoying comes a day or two after her period is over.

Thank you for all of your comments and concern. The kind of strangers.

3 comments:

aphron said...

Men aren't well trained in the art of communication. We're told to "suck it up."

Lori said...

Well that is good....you both are talking....That's a start!!

Have a great weekend!!!

Anteros said...

I definately feel you on this one... I am a terrible communicator, but I sure can expose myself on the internet, go figure.